- Manufacturers are not required to list their fragrance ingredients on product labels.
- Often only one-word ‘fragrance” or “parfum” is used on the label and can hide a cocktail of more than 100 ingredients.
- 75% of fragrances contain phthalates which have been linked to cancer, infertility, pregnancy loss, and birth defects.
- Fragrances are common triggers of asthma, migraines, allergies, and sinus problems.
- NO SULFATES
- NO DYES
- NO FORMALDEHYDE
- NO PHOSPHATES
- NO SYNTHETIC PERFUMES
- NO SLS
- NO DYES
- NO PETROCHEMICALS
- NO FORMALDEHYDE
- NO SYNTHETIC PERFUMES
- NO OPTICAL BRIGHTENERS
- NO SULFATES
- NO SYNTHETIC DYES
- NO ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS OR COLORS
- NO PRESERVATIVES
- NO FLUORIDE
- NO SLS
- NO PARABENS
- NO PHTHALATES
- NO MINERAL OIL
- SYNTHETIC PERFUMES
Are you like me, living in your " middle years"?
So many women suffer due to hormone imbalances. Hot flashes, mood swings, fatigue, having a hard time losing weight are just a few of the symptoms women experience during perimenopause and menopause.
Women sometimes think that the only two options they have when it comes to their hormones is to take synthetic drugs that can cause more problems than they help or live with it.
Interesting Fact>>> 95% of women who suffer from hot flashes are low in Progesterone and about 3% are low in Estrogen.
Progesterone is known as the feel-good hormone. Some of the symptoms of low progesterone are:
- Mood Changes
- Low Libido
- Hot Flashes
- Weight Gain
- Thyroid Dysfunction
- Fibroids and endometriosis
Progesterone is a heavy hitter and when it's low, which again, is what happens in menopause it wreaks havoc on our bodies and our lives. With all that going on why add possible side effects of synthetic drugs to the mix? Why not try natural alternatives first?
According to Dr. Dan Purcer, natural Progesterone is an incredible hormone that helps many women. Natural Progesterone is bioidentical to what your body makes. It helps to balance out your estrogen levels too. ( see below for more information) Some of the benefits of natural Progesterone are:
Stops or reduces hot flashes
Reduces the risk of breast cancer
Kills breast cancer cells by causing apoptosis or cell death
Reduces or reverses fibrocystic breast tissue
Reduces Coronary Artery Disease
Aids in sleeping
Helps migraines in women
Shuts down endometriosis
Stops abnormal breathing
Helps to thicken hair.
You can learn much more about progesterone and the type he recommends at https://danpursermd.com/womens-health-menopause-with-dr-purser-on-facebook-live?rq=women%27s%20health.
There are many types of natural Progesterone on the market and I am not a doctor, I can only tell you what I have used to help support my hormones. It took me several months to find a regimen that works for me. That is one of the great aspects of using natural alternatives. It is not one size fits all. You tailor it to you and what your body needs.
I use Progessence Plus from Young Living.
Young Living is the largest essential company on the planet and the only one with The Seed to Seal Promise which means you never have to worry about where the essential oils are sourced from or the ingredients used in any of their products. You can read more about The Seed to Seal Promise right here on this website.
You can read more about what ingredients Young Living will never use in their products at https://www.youngliving.com/blog/australia/ingredients-youll-never-find-in-yl-products/
Progessence Plus from Young Living is a fantastic natural source of Progesterone that helps to support your hormones. This serum contains a naturally occurring form of progesterone that comes from wild yam extract. It's important to note that this is NATURAL, not synthetic, so our bodies know how to use and process it without the terrible side effects that synthetic hormones can have.
When using, apply Progessence Plus on the soft skin of your forearm or your neck. I started with one drop in the morning and once at night and then slowly added a few more drops depending on how I feel.
You can watch more about Progessence Plus in this short informative video at https://www.facebook.com/lindseyelmore/videos/619853208445509/UzpfSTEwMDAwMDAxMzEwNDAzOTpWSzo1ODI5Njg2NDU1MDA4NzM/?query=proggessence%20Plus&epa=SEARCH_BOX
Remember about 3% of women who suffer from hot flashes have low Estrogen. Estrogen enhances and maintains the mucous membrane that lines the uterus. It increases the size of the endometrium as well as enhancing blood flow, protein content, and enzyme activity.
Symptoms of low Estrogen are:
- painful sex due to a lack of vaginal lubrication.
- an increase in urinary tract infections (UTIs) due to a thinning of the urethra.
- irregular or absent periods.
- mood swings.
- hot flashes.
- breast tenderness.
- headaches or accentuation of pre-existing migraines.
Along with the Progessence Plus, I added Clary Sage essential oil. Clary Sage comes from the Sage plant and contains Sclaereol which mimics estrogen in women especially during menopause. Clary Sage has a calming effect as well, which might just help during this time too...your welcome.
Some studies have shown that there was a 30% reduction in breast cancer risk when using Clary Sage long term. There is more information about Clary Sage above in Dr. Purser's video.
I recently added Endoflex to my daily routine. Endoflex is a blend of oils that are supportive of the thyroid gland. Your thyroid works with your adrenals and your hormones to help regulate the body. Your thyroid can be affected by stress, viruses, medications, your gut microbiome, exposure to harmful synthetic chemicals that are in so many of our cleaning, and personal care products. These products are wreaking havoc on your thyroid and other hormones. Did I say stress?
These three products have been a game-changer for me. I NEVER recommend anything that I have not used and got some sort of benefit from. Natural alternatives are a smart, savvy way to meet these life changes head-on without all the possible side effects.
There are two ways you can get Clary Sage, Progessence Plus and Endoflex. You can buy them retail from me.
Or you can start your own wholesale membership at Young Living. Becoming a wholesale member means just that-you buy Young Living products at a 24% discount. Think Costco or Sams.
By becoming a wholesale member of Young Living ( Think Sams or Costco) you will have access to over 600 essential oils or oil-infused products. When you start your membership you get to choose a Premium Starter Kit. You can see more about all the kits right here on the main page of this website.
Ready to start now? Email me I would love to help you get started so we make sure you get all the discounts and freebies. firstname.lastname@example.org
Use my referral link ( https://bit.ly/startYLNOW) to start your Young Living wholesale account today and get a welcome gift from us PLUS a $25 Amazon gift card or a $25 credit deposited into your Young Living account for future purchases. Your choice.
There are so many foods and supplements that can also help nourish and support. our hormones. We will be talking more about those soon so join our newsletter at the link above so you don't miss a thing.
If you have any questions, please let me know. You can comment on this blog article, you can message me from my website here or you can email me at email@example.com
Hormones are your body’s chemical messengers. They travel in your bloodstream to tissues and organs to help them do their work. They work slowly, over time, and affect many different processes, including:
- + Growth and development
- + Metabolism
- + Sexual function
- + Reproduction
- + Mood
- + Energy
- + Sleep
Hormones have profound effects on your mental, physical and emotional health. Normally, your endocrine glands produce the precise amount of each hormone needed for various processes in your body, but hormonal imbalances have become increasingly common with today's fast-paced, nutrient-starved lifestyle. In addition, certain hormones decline with age, and some people experience a more dramatic decrease than others.
Fortunately, a nutritious diet and other healthy lifestyle behaviors may help improve your hormonal health and allow you to feel and perform your best.
BALANCING HORMONES NATURALLY
1. Consume enough protein. Consuming adequate protein triggers the production of hormones that suppress appetite and help you feel full. Aim for a minimum of 20–30 grams of protein per meal.
2. Avoid sugars and refined carbohydrates. Diets high in sugar and refined carbs have been shown to drive insulin resistance. Avoiding these foods and reducing overall carb intake may decrease insulin levels and increase insulin sensitivity.
3. Engage in regular exercise. Even taking a simple walk has been shown to modify hormone levels in a way that reduces the risk of disease and protects muscle mass during the aging process.
4. Get good quality sleep. Inadequate or poor-quality sleep has been shown to decrease fullness hormones, increase hunger and stress hormones, reduce growth hormone and increase insulin resistance.
5. Eliminate environmental toxins. Whether it be a household cleaner, a hair care product or a lotion, find out if it what types of chemicals are in the ingredients and if you suspect it could be toxic, get rid of it and replace it with a more natural option.
6. Use essential oils and supplements as part of a hormone-healthy lifestyle. Many men and women have had great success with using essential oils for hormone balance and to alleviate many of the complaints associated with hormone imbalance. Clary Sage, Progessence Plus, Lady Sclareol, Shutran, and Dragon Time are some essential oil favorites. Femigen, Cortistop, PD 80/20, Prostate Health, and EndoGize are helpful supplements for hormone support.
Essential oils have a powerful influence on hormones and emotions. Whether it's using them topically over areas of discomfort or diffusing them to encourage calm emotions, having a happier period really is possible because there is an oil for that!
+ Dilute Dragon Time and apply over the abdomen and on ankles to help tame the hormone-induced rage.
+ Dilute Clary Sage, Geranium, or Ylang Ylang and apply over the abdomen to help alleviate discomfort.